Windows 7 Home Premium offers the best entertainment experience on your PC, making the things you do every day easier. With fewer clicks, faster searching, easier browsing, and simpler ways to connect, there’s less between you and what you want to do. Windows 7 is designed to improve the performance of your PC, so it’s faster, more secure, and more reliable. PCs with Windows 7 simply work the way you want them to work.
- Simplify everyday tasks by finding something instantly, comparing documents side-by-side, or opening your favorite file in just two clicks
- Watch Internet TV; pause, rewind, and record TV, movies, and other video content; or use Touch to interact with your PC in new ways
- Pin any program to the taskbar and rearrange the icons on the taskbar just by clicking and dragging
- Instantly locate and open virtually any file on your PC, from documents to emails to songs, right from the Start menu, just by typing a word or two, with Windows Search
- Enjoy a PC that works the way you want it to with better support for today’s technologies, like 64-bit PC hardware and memory
- Use Windows Media Player to stream music files on any network-connected device
- Easily change backgrounds, window colors, and sounds to reflect your personal style
- Use HomeGroup to connect all your PCs running Windows 7 to a single printer
1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
Required Hard Disk Space
16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit); for the download version, an additional 3 GB is required
Required Media Drive
DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
Internet access (fees may apply)
Music and sound require audio output
Required Video Card
DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or later driver
Additional System Requirements
Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware.
Additional requirements to use certain features: Internet access (fees may apply). Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware. For some Windows Media Center functionality, a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required. Windows Touch and Tablet PCs require specific hardware. HomeGroup requires a network and PCs running Windows 7. DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive. Music and sound require audio output. Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.