Top RSS feeds from the world of technology:
- ANYbotics, Swiss company behind quadrupedal ANYmal robot, announces $20M A round - ANYbotics, the creators of ANYmal, a four-legged autonomous robot platform intended for a variety of industrial uses, has raised a $22.3M Swiss Franc (~$20M) round A to continue developing and scaling the business. With similar robots just beginning
- Everlywell raises $175 million to expand virtual care options and scale its at-home health testing - Digital health startup Everlywell has raised a $175 million Series D funding round, following relatively fast on the heels of a $25 million Series C round it closed in February of this year. The Series D included a host of new investors, including B
- Taking on the business scenario-planning giants, Pigment raises a $25.9M Series A led by Blossom Capital - Realizing that modern, complex businesses can no longer be adequately managed using spreadsheet-style programs, the founders of Pigment decided there had to be a better solution. Their business forecasting platform has now raised a substantial Serie
- AI construction startup Versatile raises a $20M Series A - San Francisco-based construction startup Versatile is announcing today that it has raised a $20 million Series A. The round was led by Insight Partners and Entree Capital, along with existing investors Robert Bosch Venture Capital GmbH, Root Venture
- Portugal’s Bizay – a customized products marketplace for SMBs – just raised a $38.6M C round - Bizay, a marketplace for small-to-medium-sized businesses allowing them to create highly customized products (such as merchandise), has raised a $38.6 million (€32 million) funding round. The Series C financing round was co-led by investors Indico
- GPU sales rise across the board, from AMD and Intel to Nvidia -
Driven by PC gaming, pandemic upgrading and potentially cryptocurrency miners, GPU units hit a healthy 13.4-percent increase in sales over the previous quarter, respected graphics analyst firm Jon Peddie Research
- Yeedi K650 review: This robot vacuum is tough on pet hair - A tangle-free silicone brush and extra large dustbin deliver a one-two punch.
- Netflix drags streaming TV backward. Cord-cutters should take note - Netflix ends Chromecast with Google TV integration in a step back for streaming.
- 5 ideas Samsung should steal from the iPhone 12 -
Samsung is by far the most successful Android device maker in the world, but it has struggled to move its flagship Galaxy S phones for the last few years. Sales were down modestly last year for the Galaxy S10, an
- iPhone 12 vs the best Android phones: It’s time to consider switching - It's time to pit the best Android phones of 2020 against the iPhone 12. But the fight is very one-sided this year.
MIT Technology Review
- King of Fighters 15: 3 Characters Detailed - SNK has announced three of the characters coming to King of Fighters 15, and announced that a gameplay trailer will arrive in January.
- The Call of Duty Endowment's Second Annual C.O.D.E. Bowl Announced - The Call of Duty Endowment has announced that the Second Annual C.O.D.E. Bowl will take place on December 11, 2020, and will feature eight teams from the US and UK military competing in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War for charity.
- Wrestling Icon Sting Makes Surprise AEW Appearance, Signs New Deal - Sting has returned to wresting, this time with AEW in a new multi-year deal.
- Mads Mikkelsen on the ‘Tricky Part’ of Replacing Johnny Depp As Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts 3 - Mads Mikkelson has spoken about the 'tricky part' of bridging between his and Johnny Depp's version of Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts 3.
- Sea of Thieves Is Getting Seasons and a Battle Pass in 2021 - Rare is overhauling the Sea of Thieves progression system, starting with Season One in January 2021.
- One of the Internet’s most aggressive threats could take UEFI malware mainstream - New feature targets the most critical component of all modern-day computers.
- Teardown of “Dishy McFlatface,” the SpaceX Starlink user terminal - "It's rare to see something of this complexity in a consumer product."
- iPhone zero-click Wi-Fi exploit is one of the most breathtaking hacks ever - Before Apple patch, Wi-Fi packets could steal photos. No interaction needed. Over the air.
- Oracle vulnerability that executes malicious code is under active attack - Recently patched WebLogic security bug requires little skill and no authentication.
- Amazon to roll out tools to monitor factory workers and machines - Sensor, computer vision hardware come as tech giant pushes into industrial sector.
- Slay Every Sauce and Soup With This $100 Stick Blender - Braun's new powerful and easy-to-use immersion blender is an essential kitchen upgrade.
- Underground Brine Could Be a Source of Oxygen on Mars - A new study tests a device that can efficiently split the resource’s water into pure oxygen and hydrogen in Martian conditions.
- The Arecibo Observatory Is More Than Just a Telescope - The world’s second largest radio telescope collapsed on Tuesday. But its legacy is indestructible.
- The Best Travel Mugs to Ward Off the Winter Chill - From classics like Yeti and Stanley to new tumblers from OtterBox and Snow Peak, these picks will keep your libations piping hot.
- Giving Gadgets As Gifts? Get Ready to Answer These Questions - Bestowing tech gifts means anticipating confusion about privacy and recurring fees. Here's how to ease the minds of loved ones this year.
The New York Times Technology News
- Up to 30 Million in U.S. Have the Skills to Earn 70% More, Researchers Say - The findings point to the potential of upward mobility for people without a college degree.
- Federal Labor Agency Says Google Wrongly Fired 2 Employees - The workers were involved in labor organizing at the company and participated in walkouts last year.
- No, Barr was not part of a secret plot against President Trump. - After the attorney general said the Justice Department had not found voter fraud, pro-Trump personalities accused Mr. Barr of being part of a nefarious scheme against the president.
- Marc Benioff Sets His Sights on Microsoft - The Salesforce C.E.O.’s planned acquisition of Slack will have him competing directly with the Goliath that is Microsoft.
- No, it isn’t unusual that Kamala Harris is still in the Senate. - In the past half century, it has been common for vice presidents-elect to resign from their previous posts in late December or January.
CNET Technology News
- Facebook pledges to remove false claims about COVID-19 vaccines - CNET - The tech giant updates its misinformation policies ahead of the first batch of vaccines being administered next week.
- The world is running out of sand, and you need to care - CNET - Sand is the world's second-most-consumed natural resource, and our rapidly growing cities are draining the supply.
- Google Maps will now let anyone add photos to Street View - CNET - The company says it wants to expand its coverage of communities and locations all over the world.
- Apple accessibility site redesign showcases tips on vision, hearing and more - CNET - The revamp is meant to make it easier for people to find out how to customize their devices with Apple features like Back Tap.
- The best home security cameras to buy this year for less than $100 - CNET - Want to keep an eye on your house for less? We've got you covered.