Top RSS feeds from the world of technology:
- Carvana crashes back down to earth -
Carvana’s big rally is now looking more like a blip on the radar. Shares in the online-car retailer soared Thursday, closing up by 56% from the prior day on news that it expected to post $50 million worth of adjusted EBITDA in the current q
- FIS acquires banking-as-a-service startup Bond -
Consolidation continues apace in the world of fintech. FIS, the fintech giant that runs a wide range of payment, banking and investment services, has acquired Bond, a startup that specializes in embedded finance, multiple sources confirmed today.
- Blue owned the consumer podcast mic market – now the brand is being phased out -
Blue Microphones was ahead of the game. The first Snowball was released all the way back in 2005, as the company was celebrating its 10th birthday. Within a few years, the USB mics were everywhere. They were effectively synonymous with the nascen
- Teaser’s AI dating app turns you into a chatbot -
A man on a dating app is telling me how much we have in common – we both love books, music and traveling. He even writes poetry, and he’d love to share some poems with me. Could be a red flag, but sure, why not? I ask to see his work, and he
- Four venture capital personas (and how to land them) -
Founders must understand which kind of VC investor they’re dealing with to have the best shot at closing a funding round.
- UK’s plans for global AI safety summit draw criticism - Announcement does not include "a single voice from civil society or academia," says critic.
- Nvidia’s new monster CPU+GPU chip may power the next gen of AI chatbots - It takes a lot of computing power to pretend to be human.
- Dozens of popular Minecraft mods found infected with Fracturiser malware - Stop downloading or updating Minecraft mods for now, investigators say.
- FBI warns of increasing use of AI-generated deepfakes in sextortion schemes - Deepfake videos show real people engaged in fake sex.
- Redditor creates working anime QR codes using Stable Diffusion - Image-synthesis technique relies upon QR's natural error-correction properties.
- The 45 Best Movies on Netflix This Week - From The Trial of the Chicago 7 to The Boys in the Band, here are our picks for the best streaming titles to feast your eyes on.
- The 48 Best Shows on Netflix Right Now - From Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story to Black Knight, these are our picks for the best streaming titles to binge this week.
- Tesla’s Supercharger Strategy Starts a Winning Streak - Deals to let GM and Ford EV owners use Tesla charging points show the EV maker turning its giant Supercharger network into a competitive advantage.
- How to Check the Air Quality Near You - Here’s what to know about wildfire smoke and invisible pollutants, and how you can use your phone to decide whether it’s safe to spend time outside.
- How to Factory-Reset Your Phone Before You Sell It - Upgrading to a shiny new device? Here’s how to restore your old phone to its factory settings.
The New York Times Technology News
- GM’s Electric Vehicles Will Use Tesla’s Charging Network - The electric car company, which operates the country’s most extensive charging network, struck a similar deal with Ford Motor recently.
- How to Use AI to Automate the Dreaded Office Meeting - Generating a slide deck, talking points and meetings minutes can all be done in a snap. All you need are the right prompts.
- Founders of Three Arrows, Failed Crypto Fund, Are Living Large - The implosion of Three Arrows Capital, a cryptocurrency hedge fund, devastated the industry. Its two founders spent the next year surfing, meditating and traveling the world.
- Apple’s Face Computer, Crypto Chaos and How Teens Really Feel About Social Media - This isn’t the first time Apple has introduced a bulky piece of hardware that nobody is sure people will want to buy. Can Apple pull off another wearable revolution?
- Una primera prueba del Vision Pro de Apple - Tuve en mis manos el nuevo visor de alta tecnología, que me dejó impresionado y asustado. ¿Para qué lo necesitamos?